qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-system-ppc

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-ppc
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:16:06 +0200

Hi,

Just a clarification about the state of the QEMU PowerPC system emulator in the CVS head: I commited important changes in order to be able to launch Mac OS X, but important changes are needed in the PPC BIOS too and they are not yet commited because some merging is necessary. Sorry for the inconvenience, I am trying to find a temporary solution.

The state of Mac OS X is that the graphical installer launches, but the mouse and keyboard behavior is erratic in this mode. Darwin/ppc seems to work correctly on the command line. The performance is far from optimal because generic TLB flush optimisations must be done (I began to implement them but the code is not stable enough to be usable).

The PREP target should work as before except that -M prep should be used instead of -prep ('-M' selects the actual machine or platform you want to emulate).

Fabrice.