qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] interesting tftp experiments

From: CoMiKe
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] interesting tftp experiments
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:46:51 +0200

> since I was able on a windows host to connect (but no transfer)
> on a ftp server over slirp, I thought I could do the same:
> over slirp, connect to a true tftp server, not the layer provided
> in slirp/tftp.c

Hi!

I've never got problems connecting to an FTP server placed on my host computer.

Probably your problem is a port problem.
You have to options:

- If connecting on PORT mode in your FTP client, port 20 should be
redirected to your QEmu session through the -redir option.
- If you use passive mode on your FTP client (PASV) you don't need to
redirect any ports to QEmu, because in passive mode, the server is the
one that opens the port for data communication.

I'm using an small FTP server for Windows (SlimFTPd,
http://www.whitsoftdev.com/slimftpd/). It has an Apache like config
file, and total size is 51 Kb. It supports both PORT and PASV mode.

Probably you already knew about all this FTP topics, excuse me in that case.

Best Regards.
CoMiKe