qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sparc on windows

From: Joerg Platte
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sparc on windows
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 17:18:51 +0200

Hi!

I tried to build qemu-system-sparc on a windows host using mingw and all steps
described in the qemu documentation. First of all, this doesn't work since
qemu requires zlib. After compiling and installing zlib in the mingw
environment qemu builds fine. But when trying to test qemu using the
sparc-test image from the qemu homepage I run into two problems. At first,
qemu can't find the proll.bin file. Therefore I generated it using objcopy -O
binary proll.elf proll.bin on a sparc host.

Now qemu starts but crashes just after opening its window. This does not
happen to the precompiled version from
http://www.freeoszoo.org/ftp/qemu/win32/daily/, but this version does not
boot linux either. It semms to get stuck in an endless loop...

Now I have two questions:
Why does my compiled version crash? Did I forget something during the build
process?

Does anyone else managed to successfully start linux using qemu-system-sparc
on a windows host?

regards,
Jörg

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your signature to help me spread!.-.
PGP Key: send mail with subject 'SEND PGP-KEY' PGP Key-ID: FD 4E 21 1D    oo|