qemu-devel

Re[2]: [Qemu-devel] Re: request : qemu-smp as target

From: Igor Shmukler
Subject: Re[2]: [Qemu-devel] Re: request : qemu-smp as target
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 01:19:55 +0400

Hi,

I mostly agree with everything said, but I'd like to add some thoughts tp the
pot.

I think it's important to understand that that a product that coverts clusters
virtual MP could be designed with different requirements in mind.

We are working on a research project that represents cluster as a NUMA machine.
This
is enough for a NUMA aware OS and performace is not bad.

If we were to make a regular SMP, it would probably not work as well.

I am not a Mosix guy, but I would think that installing QEMU on OM will solve
nothing. It will only shift problems to be addressed at a different layer.
Maybe I
am wrong

Sincerely,

Igor.