qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] linux 2.4 host mouse problem

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: [Qemu-devel] linux 2.4 host mouse problem
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 23:33:08 +0200

Since switching my linux installation to a 2.4 kernel (for some reason
there is no 2.6 driver for the newer promise cards) I cannot use the
mouse on qemu anymore, movements go completely wrong (cursor seems to
jump into corner), only the buttons work.  kudzu on kanotix detects qemu's
mouse as ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse (kudzu on knoppix still says
Generic PS/2 Wheel Mouse but that kudzu is old).  Btw for some reason
i have no or little mouse accelleration on the host with 2.4 compared to
2.6 (or freebsd for that matter), could that have something to do with it?
Because in hw/pckbd.c::kbd_write_mouse() i see the mouse type detected
based on sample rates...  and on 2.6 and freebsd qemu's mouse worked.

 Or is this an sdl problem?  i have the debian sid libsdl1.2-dev package,
version 1.2.7+1.2.8cvs20041007-4.1, this same version worked with 2.6 afaik.

 Soo, any mouse gurus in the house? :)
        Juergen