qemu-devel

RE: [Qemu-devel] Windows Server 2003 SP1 problems

From: Andreas Bollhalder
Subject: RE: [Qemu-devel] Windows Server 2003 SP1 problems
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:38:08 +0200

I have disabled the Windows NX-bit implementation which came with the
SP1 of Win2003. To do this, you have to alter the "boot.ini" entry to
load up Windows. Change "/NoExecute=xxxxx" into
"/NoExecute=AlwaysOff". Unfortunatly, it doesn't help.

I believe, the problem is only the following link (as posted):

http://ws03sp1.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/footer.aspx?ln=en-us

Without SP1, I can surf this link and it will displayed as it is fine.
Funny only, that Win2003 without SP1 complains about this site is not
a trusted one ;-)

When applied SP1, the small HTML code with JavaScript and CSS
genereated by the "footer.aspx" locksup Win2003.

I'm out of ideas. I think that Windows Server 2003 is currently not
fully supported by QEMU. Without SP1, I also can't install all windows
updates. I don't wonder, if M$ did a special thing, which conflict
with QEMU... they even could loose theyre Win3x source code.

Andreas