qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Windows Server 2003 SP1 problems

From: Info
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Windows Server 2003 SP1 problems
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:52:49 +0200

Hello

I have tested the installation of our Open Licensed Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition as a guest on a WinXP SP2 and Gentoo 2005.0 host. I used the CVS version of QEMU from 12.4.2005. KQEMU is from Fabrice web site. Here follows my experiences.

QEMU    | Installation | Installation
        | Windows 2003 | Service Pack 1
--------+--------------+---------------
SoftMMU | OK           | FAIL 1)
KQEMU   | FAIL 2)      | OK/FAIL 3)

1) During installation of the SP1 I get the error "RUNDLL: Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\syadm.cpl".

2) During loading the Windows 2003 Setup, QEMU terminate with a segmentation fault.

3) If I use the installation done with SoftMMU und install the SP1, I don't get the error from 1).

But the big problem is:

As soon as SP1 has been installed and I connect the Windows 2003 guest to the windows update server, it freezes, mouse and keyboard input stopped. If I wait long enough, Windows 2003 restarts it self, telling it has been recovered from a server failure. When freezed, the QEMU is using 100% CPU time from the host and under Linux host, I loose the keyboard output in the console (have to blindly exit and login again).

Has anybody successfully installed Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 ?

Any suggestion ?

Andreas