qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Message to the Sparc system emulation maintainer

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Message to the Sparc system emulation maintainer
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:08:42 +0100

Hi,

It would be good to get more operating systems to run in the Sparc system emulator, but some features are missing. For example SCSI disks are not implemented yet, also some other devices are quick hacks and need fixing. BTW, the architecture is called Sun4m. It's probably the right one to run Nextstep, both are from early '90s.

To run non-OSS operating systems, the Proll prom would probably need a real bootloader. Now Qemu loads the kernel into memory before boot and prom just jumps to it. I don't know if this is OK with Nextstep, maybe you could try?

I'm debugging Qemu with Linux 2.6, it seems to be very close to working. Sometimes I try 2.4, NetBSD and OpenBSD, but they all have some problems that cause crashes.