qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Sponsorship for QEMU Developers...

From: John R. Hogerhuis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Sponsorship for QEMU Developers...
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 20:37:19 -0800

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 22:47 -0500, Jim C. Brown wrote:

> Qemu is NOT GPL!!!
>
> Qemu is NOT GPL!!!
>
> Qemu is NOT GPL!!!
>
> qemu-user is GPL. But as Leo stated, he doesn't use qemu-user.

OK, I agree with you there. So many licenses involved. But yes, I'm
wrong.

Color me confused, but Leo made the point that he is avoiding including
any header files and instead dynamically linking. Why bother if the
pieces in question are LGPLed or even better for him BSD'ed? Talk of
code "contamination," etc.

> So legally, he is in the clear.

Apparently!

-- John.