qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch to fix Mac OS X compilation

From: Jonas Maebe
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch to fix Mac OS X compilation
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:58:31 +0100

On 21 feb 2005, at 21:27, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

At address 0x743ac, the branch to __op_gen_label1 gets patched so it points to the basic block coming after the loopzw. In that case, LR does not get restored (it was destroyed at 0x74394 by the bctrl), so the next blr which gets executed returns to 0x74398. This causes an endless loop, obviously. This does not seem to be Mac OS X-specific at all, and should also happen under Linux/ppc I think.

I just made a fix. Tell me if you see other problems...

Thanks, it seems to work great now! There's still the problems of rclw_table, rclb_table and parity_table not being relocated properly, but that doesn't affect many programs (who uses daa? :) and was already the same in 0.61.

Jonas

PS: I wonder when we'll see an updated iEmulator <g>