qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KQEMU and Win98

From: Tony Watts
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KQEMU and Win98
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 20:12:13 +0200

Hi

I updated to the new version with KQEMU and I have problems running QEMU when the module is loaded. I am running Mandrake 10.2 with kernel 2.6.8.1-24, the guest system is Win98.

It runs fine when not using the acceleration, but when I run it with the acceleration I get a very unhelpful "windows protection error". I have tried reinstallation, different amounts of memory and leaving the enable-sound and user-net out of the command line. This is my standard command line.

/opt/bin/qemu -hda /mnt/oldlin2/harddisk.img -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot c -m 256 -enable-audio -user-net -localtime

I ran step-by-step startup and it seemed to load all the drivers fine, last one was msmouse.vxd then it went blank and then the protection fault. I can send that bootlog from win98 but am willing to dig deeper if someone can give me a pointer on how to obtain some debugging info.

Great product :)

Tony