qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KQEMU compiling

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KQEMU compiling
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:07:25 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Jens Arm wrote:

> Hi
>
> For what is the compiled binary in the tree? (kqemu-mod-i386.o)

That's probably the core of kernel module with kmod.c sarving as a wrapper
between the kernel and module. Something like this is usuall in the case
of binary only module, like for Lucent winmodems and such.

> Is it needed for a real compile? If I delete it I get an error if I try to
> compile.
> I thought that whole source of kqemu is in cvs?

Pleas have a look into qemu/kqemu/Makefile, you will see that it is needed
for linking into kqemu.ko.

Cheers,
Karel
--