qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] New emulator: MIPS-user

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] New emulator: MIPS-user
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 23:02:51 +0100

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 19:48, McMullan, Jason wrote:
> So, I'm working on converting my pure-emulation mips-user emulator
> ( http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/gehail ) to QEMU's dynamic
> code generator system, and I was wondering if there's a document
> that describes the general architecture, and:

I wrote a MIPS32 emulation for qemu (which is still not released because
of lack of time for debugging). It supports MIPS32 with MIPS r4k<x> MMU
and preliminary code for MIPS16. There is some preliminary support for
MIPS64 (just load and stores, for now).
I did load a linux kernel until the "unable to find init" panic message
using this code.
Would you like to see it to avoid duplicate effort ?
Note that I did a system emulation, with no user mode only support.
--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized