qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PPC fixes for qemu/OpenHackWare

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PPC fixes for qemu/OpenHackWare
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:46:22 +0100

Thayne Harbaugh wrote:
These fixes greatly improve qemu booting on PPC - many Linux
distributions with kernel 2.4 now work.  It's two big patches (one for
qemu, one for OpenHackWare) - let me know if someone prefers them broken
out into smaller pieces.

There's still some work to be done to get PREP in good shape as well as
a Linux 2.6 kernel to work well - expect some more patches in the near
future.

Highlights

* Real serial
* Correct PCI host bridge for PREP (wrong in Pearpc, Qemu and
OpenHackWare)
* -Werror building for OpenHackWare
* proper reboot
* HFS OpenHackWare now correctly traverses the B*tree - greatly improves
probability of booting *all* HFS based filesystems
* Many, MANY other fixes

Very good ! Have you looked at Darwin and Mac OS X ? I feel QEMU (and OpenHackWare) are very close to launch them: at least all the hardware emulation is there. I am unable to look at the problem because I don't have an easy way to recompile the Darwin kernel to insert debug messages... and another problem is that I don't have the time :-)

Fabrice.