qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Updated 3c509 NIC patch.

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Updated 3c509 NIC patch.
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:54:01 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Antony T Curtis wrote:

> > > I will certainly give it a try.
> >
> > Well, it seems I've got things to the shape when initialization and driver
> > attaching goes well and RTEMS seems to got it.
> > Unfortunatelly, when trying to open connection from host to guest while
> > using proper user-net command-line parameters, I see this debug output
> > comming from Qemu:
> >
> > tcm509_receive: size=58
> > packet dhost=00:00:00:00:00:00, padr=21:03:76:12:09:75
> > padr_match result=0 (rx_filter=0x0007)
> >
> > That's just snipped from more such lines, basically they just repeat.
>
> You have the debug code enabled. You should undef TCM_DEBUG

No, I'm glad there is any NIC debugging for such RTEMS experiments, the
only issue is that something is working with wrong ethernet address and it
seems RTEMS isn't it -- i.e. I've invoked some RTEMS etherenet statistics
and it also contains right eth address.

> Are you able to set an IP address and get it talking?

No, I'm not. Either I setup it manually and it does not work, or I try to
use DHCP w/o success. I've also tried to use DHCP with NetBSD 2.0
boot1/2.fs floppies but also w/o success, i.e. ``No DHCPOFFERS received.''

Thanks,
Karel
--
Karel Gardas                  address@hidden