qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: 2.6.10-mm3: swsusp: out of memory on resume

From: hugang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: 2.6.10-mm3: swsusp: out of memory on resume
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:40:56 +0800

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 12:48:54PM +0100, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> I recently made a fix in fxsave/fxrestor which may correct some issues
> on x86_64. Strangely, the CVS commit mail did not appear on the mailing
> list...
>
> The state of x86_64 is that the install of Fedora core 3 for x86_64
> begins to work (you can select the language for example), but there are
> some invalid characters displayed on screen. I believe there is a sign
> extension problem in a 64 bit instruction.
>
> Now that SSE and MMX are implemented, no feature is lacking in the QEMU
> x86_64 emulation... "just" a problem of debugging now :-)

When I using Qemu as X86_64 emulataion for testing software suspend, I
get the first oops the instruction is this,
IN:
0xffffffff80116a8a:  movzwl 0x8(%rbx),%eax
0xffffffff80116a8e:  mov    %eax,%ss    <- general protection

That's in
arch/x86_64/kernel/suspend.c +105
 asm volatile ("movw %0, %%ss" :: "r" (ctxt->ss)); <-- general protection.

I don't why, but I check %eax and %ss are same value, so I just comment
this line, the oops go away, But still geting hang, Now I have no idea,
:)

I put the all logs in this
 http://soulinfo.com/~hugang/swsusp/x86_64_log/

thanks.