qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Re: Re: Firefox crashes inside qemu

From: Alexander E. Patrakov
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: Re: Firefox crashes inside qemu
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 19:53:04 +0500

Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

> Does VMware use the same virtual ethernet and video card types as qemu
> does?  It might still be that qemu triggers a bug in Windows' handling
> of some kind of peripheral that doesn't show up when using VMware.

No, but the real PC installed from the same CD uses a Realtek 8029 network
card and Firefox doesn't crash there. So I think one can exclude the
network card as a factor. A video card can be also excluded because the bug
exists also when the -std-vga switch is given.

> Do you have any Windows debuggers?  Can you hook Firefox up to a debugger
> and see where exactly it crashes?

Will try Borland Debugger that comes with Delphi 5 and report here if it
finds anything.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov