qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac keyboard not supported

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac keyboard not supported
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 20:22:41 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, Phil Krylov wrote:

> I have U.S. layout on a TiBook. 'A' returns SDLK_WORLD_0 (160) here...

This is wrong. It's SDL's fault. As most of the other errors with the
keymaps. 'A' *has to* return SDLK_A, and it is semi-standard that
SDLK_WORLD_* are *only* returned when Latin1-characters are pressed
(ä,ö,etc.), and then return the Latin1 code for it.

Looking at the SDL-sources, it seems quite easy to solve those bugs. Those
are bugs. And by fixing it, you fix all SDL applications on OS X, not just
QEmu. And you can concentrate on useful things after that. Fixing those
bugs is so much better than working around them. Working around them
*never* will be portable, and it's a *duplication* of work. I'd do it
myself, but I don't *have* a Mac. If you provide me one, I'd be glad to
fix the problem.

If the wall turns black, it might be better to put out the fire instead of
painting the wall white all the time.

Ciao,
Dscho