qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu on Fedora Core 3 (Linux 2.6.9+), glibc-2.3.3

From: Darrin Ritter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu on Fedora Core 3 (Linux 2.6.9+), glibc-2.3.3
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 06:55:08 +0000

where can I d/l the source code with this patch as I am having problems running qemu on FC3

DV

John Reiser wrote:

silly question: why don't you use inline assembly to make those two
functions?

The calls are not execution-time critical (fewer than 10 calls).
They are complexity, platform, and developer-time critical.
More time will be spent by developers and future maintainers
than the total machine cycles spent executing the code,
over all the machines in the world, ever.  So making the
developer+maintainer tasks simple and quick is more important
than cycle- or byte-efficiency.