qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] win95 pci nic question...

From: Doug Stanley
Subject: [Qemu-devel] win95 pci nic question...
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:23:03 -0500

I've looked all over the net and can't find anything about
this issue!!

I'm installing win95 under qemu with a gentoo linux host.
Everything works superbly! The only problem is the weird
pci network card problems...

When the machine boots, it makes the pci card irq 9 range C100-C1FF
in the bios... (if I do info pci in the console)
Setting the card's properties in win95 to this doesn't let it work.
But if I soft reboot a few times and reset the card to auto discover
properties, I find that the pci info changes to something like
irq 11 range 5100 or something similar...
And needless to say, the driver then autodetects it like normal and
all is well. Networking works great...

That is untill I hard reboot it and it goes back to irq 9 C100-C1FF
and win95 can't detect it again...

Is there something I can do to fix this? By the way I'm using the
realtek 8029(AS) driver (i forget where I found it...) for the
pci net card.

It's the same model number that win2k uses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Doug