qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Changing QEMU to emulate a Pentium or better a 486 (for boo

From: Natalia Portillo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Changing QEMU to emulate a Pentium or better a 486 (for booting Windows NT 3)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 03:00:25 +0000

Is it possible to compile QEMU to emulate only a Pentium (not a Pentium Pro) or better, to emulate a 486?

I've tried to emulate Windows NT (3.1, 3.5 and 3.51) and all do the first two steps good (create a boot floppy and copying files from cd, boot from floppy and prepare NT installer), but the third step fails in VirtualPC and QEMU with a message from NT saying that it does not support the processor (and in Bochs, it simply hangs when going to boot from the hard disk, but not when going to boot from the floppy), so I need to get QEMU emulating a Pentium (or a 486) and not a Pentium Pro.

Any solution?

Thanks