qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Soundwrapper and artsd (fails to share)

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Soundwrapper and artsd (fails to share)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 13:34:47 +0300 (MSK)

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Jim C. Brown wrote:

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 04:27:21AM +0300, malc wrote:

Not at all what? Yes, there are sound daemons, but this does not change
the fact that there is no such concept as exclusive sound card lock, it
all comes down to what hardware is there behind /dev/dsp.

I was simply saying that the story doesn't end with the limitations of the
hardware.

Of course, artsdsp doesn't work for qemu anyways, so it's a moot point.

FMOD comes with esound output driver, QEMU can (optionally) use FMOD and
all its output drivers, latency will be horrible though.

QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=fmod QEMU_FMOD_DRV=esd qemu -enable-audio ...

I wasn't aware of this. My old version of qemu certainly can't do this.
I'll have to try this out with fresh qemu CVS sometime soon.

By FMOD do you mean www.fmod.org ?

Yes. You have to configure QEMU properly though

P.S. fopen was never used to open /dev/dsp

--
mailto:address@hidden