qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] External Samba-server with Win98-guest on Linux/WinXP-host

From: Jan Marten Simons
Subject: [Qemu-devel] External Samba-server with Win98-guest on Linux/WinXP-host using user-net
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:26:02 +0100

Hi,

I'm using qemu as a kind of a sandbox/virtualisation-layer. Thus a read-only Win98-diskimage is shared amongst different clients (WinXP, Debian, Gentoo) which all run qemu. As there are quite a few WinXP-clients right now, I cannot use the TAP/TUN-approach, but have to use -user-net.

And here comes my problem:
When I try to access our LAN-samba-server (xxx.yyy.20.123) I cannot reach it. Strangely enough I can telnet/ssh into it form the guest-Win98-OS.
Is there a way to get this working?

With regards,
Jan

PS: Qemu is a real great tool. Thanks to you Fabrice.