qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Suggestion: default to -monitor stdio

From: Richard Neill
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Suggestion: default to -monitor stdio
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:38:12 +0000

Dear All,

I've just started using QEMU - and, since this is my first post here, I'd like to begin by saying thank you very much.
Anyway, just a suggestion:

I think that the default for -monitor in graphical mode ought to be stdio. I don't know where "vc" actually goes, but when I launch qemu from a konsole (in kde), the monitor is unavailable, unless I add the option

-monitor stdio

For interest, what I am *attempting* to do is to get Dragon Naturally Speaking running under Linux. (Qemu -> WinXP, and use VNC to send the keyboard events back to Linux...)

Also, is it possible to set the host screen resolution to higher than 1024x768 ?

Best wishes

Richard

--
address@hidden  **  http://www.richardneill.org
Richard Neill, Trinity College, Cambridge, CB21TQ, U.K.