qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-img documentation

From: ML
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-img documentation
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:46:23 +0100

---
Fabrice Bellard said the following on 11/16/2004 02:46 AM:

Try my last fix. The important fix is in hw/ide.c:ide_guess_geometry(). I think the problem is that after reboot when installing ide_guess_geometry() returns an invalid geometry because the BIOS translated geometry is stored in the MBR instead of the real hard disk geometry.

For the desperate user, I added an option to manually specify the BIOS translation mode.

With this fix now I can boot XP images newly created with 0.6.1 but I can't boot any longer my older images created with versions < 0.6.1 unless I specify hda geometry on the command line.
Not a big deal though, I can run QEMU happily with that :)

Thanks for the great work, Fabrice!

Ciao,
Piero