qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Problem with a fresh xp installation in CVS Qemu

From: ML
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Problem with a fresh xp installation in CVS Qemu
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:18:09 +0200

Hi all!
This morning I checked out the CVS version of Qemu, compiled it without any problems and started a fresh installation of xp on a 4GB raw image. Everything went fine until the end, the os was properly installed but then I rebooted and suprise! The disc doesn't boot anymore and I keep getting a "disc error" message.
I can't even boot this image in Qemu 0.6.0.
Then I tried to do a fresh xp install on a raw image from 0.6.0 instead of CVS. Everything went fine but now I can boot it only from 0.6.0 and not from Qemu CVS version.
Any hints?

Ciao,
Piero