qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Sparc system emulator updates

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Sparc system emulator updates
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 21:58:35 +0200

Hi,

I modified the ELF symbol table support so that symbols from multiple files will be used (instead of leaking memory...), so now it is possible to see function names in traces from both Proll and Linux/*BSD kernels. Therefore the preferred format for the prom is changed to ELF. This could be very useful for other architecture's proms as well. I'm attaching an ELF format Proll file.

ELF loader fixes allow trying for example *BSD kernels. NetBSD halts because Prom didn't give some expected information, OpenBSD chokes at function "promcnputc". Someone with source code can try advancing at this front.

The names timer.c and sched.c were too general, so I renamed them to slavio_timer.c (also added new functionality) and slavio_intctl.c. Last time I forgot to advertise that you can use "info pic" and "info irq" commands from qemu monitor prompt.

TCX frame buffer is much faster now, thanks to advice from Fabrice. I dropped the memory callback system in favour of utilising Qemu's dirty page tracking.

Linux execution advanced a bit. The previous bug was found to be in Proll, which didn't generate MMU mappings for zero page. Now we are stuck at poke_srmmu call faulting mysteriously, even though poke_srmmu is correctly initialized earlier at init_cypress_604. Kill one
bug, advance 500 instructions, next bug halts progress.

Rest is compiler warning cleanup, documentation.