qemu-devel

Resizing partitions - was Re: [Qemu-devel] crash (SIGSEGV)

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Resizing partitions - was Re: [Qemu-devel] crash (SIGSEGV)
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:03:09 +0400

Alexander  wrote:
Hi,

this time all worked, I've choose to format the partition ext2 and not ext3 ... system is now installed and updated to debian unstable, network works ... YEAH :)

But the partition was to small :/ so I msut do it again.

where your partition file is xx.file

dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1000 >> xx.file (will add an extra gig to the file
size)

From within the VM, booting off a floppy or other image file.

fdisk /dev/xxx and delete then re-create the parition with the same starting block but to fill the rest of the partition.

e2resize /dev/xxx (whatever you use).

I did a dodgy by copying my image.

Schweet Moite!

Save you a full re-install.