qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] remark about http://www.freeoszoo.org

From: Lennert Buytenhek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] remark about http://www.freeoszoo.org
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:29:07 +0200

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 02:50:31AM -0400, Karl Magdsick wrote:

> Free OS Zoo suggests using dd with the seek= option in the _specific_
> case of Linux, which appears to be safe.  My comment was explicitly a
> note of caution in the _general_ case.

Yep.  As well as:

        "[...] the image will likely contain parts of deleted files from
        the host OS."

Just curious, do you have an example of any such system where this
would be the case?  I don't know of any system that doesn't support
sparse files and doesn't pad out the file with zeroes if you
truncate(2) it to be bigger.

cheers,
Lennert