qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch: Sparc system support

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch: Sparc system support
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 05:50:02 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, J. Mayer wrote:

> > This most likely means that your op.o has a relocation without a proper
> > symbol name. This can happen if a relocation is split into loword
> > and hiword on some architectures. What host are you compiling for?
>
> I also had issues like this with PPC some opcodes. I noticed that this
> happened when gcc uses local variables. The solution I found was to
> rewrite some micro-operations to make them simpler to compile and make
> others helper functions (so the micro-op is just a function call), for
> the more complex ones.

I guess that the current CVS reflects your work, right? Anyway, after
working a bit on an IRIX host port, I am quite confident that all
relocations which don't concern variables beginning with "__op_" are
irrelevant, and could be left alone. Those relocations are almost
definitely handled by the linker already.

The file op.o *is* linked into libqemu.a, because there would be no code
to actually be dynamically copied. I will explain the dynamic translation
in an other post very soon.

Ciao,
Dscho