qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ix64 target support

From: Joe Batt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ix64 target support
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:37:17 -0500

Actually, I'm just interested in 64bit address space, so any 64 bit chip
with a Linux distro would be great.  Would some old 64 bit risc chip
(Alhpa or HPPA) be easier?

I assume a lot of the interrupt and memory management can be adapted
from the x86 qemu code.  The SH2 was pretty simple in this respect and
there was only one "mode".  Anyone out there want to help me work though
some of this?

Volume 3 from
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/DevelopWithAMD/0,,30_2252_739_7044,00.html
lists all the opcodes and what they do.  I started the SH2 emulator by
writing tests for each opcode, then the implementation from a document
like this.  Is there anything else I need to evaluate before I start
implementing opcodes?

Joe