qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Re: Re: Cloop-patch and Knoppix example

From: Ronald
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: Re: Cloop-patch and Knoppix example
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:21:58 +0200

Le Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:28:34 +0200, Johannes Schindelin a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Ronald wrote:
>
>> Le Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:03:14 +0200, Johannes Schindelin a écrit :
>>
>> Qemu just show briefly it's window then exit cleanly, there is no
>> windows error neither. I don't know how to provide more infos.
>
> So, you have plain CVS with cloop applied and you have copied the files
> from the CD to C:\temp, right?

Yes.

> To use the cloop support of QEmu, you have to patch the initrd, otherwise
> Knoppix will use its own cloop decompressor (see start_knoppix.sh, which I
> just verified runs also with dsl-0.8.1.1.iso just fine).

I've done that, I have the same dsl version.

> But looking at your mail again (I can only guess), you did not specify
> -hda, and neither -cdrom. In order to run properly, Knoppix needs to think
> it runs from CD, so you have to specify "-cdrom dsl-0.8.1.1.iso" (or
> -cdrom d:\? I don't know if that works already...), but in order to use
> the cloop patch, you *also* have to add "-hda c:\temp\knoppix\knoppix".
> Note that -hda is given a file, not a directory.

I just tried that but that don't work either, and I suspect -merely a
guess- this is not related to block driver but to kernel loading -see my
other post on that-. Perhaps someone else will have it working -and I'll
know that's my build which is bad-. At least your patch doesn't break
win32 compilation and qemu still run when using bootable disk image.