qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] NT 4.0 raw disk

From: John R. Hogerhuis
Subject: [Qemu-devel] NT 4.0 raw disk
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 09:42:13 -0700

I have NT 4.0 on a hard drive. I have it connected to my desktop via a
USB enclosure. It shows up as /dev/sda

I am able to boot it in vmware to a certain point (windows crashes
during boot with blue screen and error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE)

With QEMU (Debian unstable version) I get no where. I poked around in
the docs and didn't find anything (but I am notorious for missing things
in plain view, as my wife will attest...)

qemu -hda /dev/sda

I haven't tried booting a raw disk before; are there any gotchas I
should be aware of?

Thanks,

-- John.