qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] getting access violation when installing mdac or .net f

From: Bochnig, Martin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] getting access violation when installing mdac or .net framework on win2k
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 02:05:27 +0200

Francisco Figueiredo Jr. wrote:

If this is the problem, I don't know if the program tries to use mmx or other instructions sets, does this mean I'm out of luck for while? At least until these support is added to qemu?

Or is there some thing I could use in qemu to workaround?

*IF* MMX or SSE is the problem: No.
Could you find a workaround when trying to run these apps on a hardware i80486 ?

Maybe on could write "SoftMMX for Windows" or the like.
I don't think there is something like that.

Let's hope, that Fabrice or any other hacker will implement MMX as extension of qemu. One could get ideas from the Bochs project which already has MMX, SSE1|2, X86-64 support.