qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] RE: QEmu and FreeDOS EMM386

From: Frootloop
Subject: [Qemu-devel] RE: QEmu and FreeDOS EMM386
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 08:14:46 -0500

info wrote:

>Has anyone got the EMM386 of FreeDOS working under QEmu ? I tried it on >different versions of QEmu for Windows.

Yes, using FreeDOS Beta 9 pre-release5 and the latest QEMU release candidate 0.6.0 for Windows. However the keyboard is really slow (try typing fast and it misses characters), and I cannot get the CuteMouse driver to load (crashes) so I have to remove it from autoexec.bat.

>Also, the daily build from freeoszoo dated 20040804 for Win32 crash all >time when starting the emulation with a message from Windows for >reporting an error. No chance to start it.

It crashes here too. But it isn't guaranteed to work.

Do all the freeoszoo releases not have the QEMU monitor? I need it for accessing the screendump command.

-Roy