qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Performances on Mac OS X

From: Joshua Root
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Performances on Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 01:43:53 +1000

Laurent Amon <address@hidden> wrote:

I was wondering whether the implementation of qemu is tied to gcc or if it might be interesting to try to compile using IBM's compiler, which is able to generate
Altivec code...

I have tried compiling qemu with xlc and it chokes on the asm. I believe that it uses a different syntax than gcc for this. I don't know what its syntax is, but if anybody does it shouldn't be too hard to make a patch which lets it compile.

Using xlc does seem to give substantially better performance than gcc, and not just on floating point code.

Cheers,
Josh.
--
Joshua Root                  | "Dream up the kind of world you want to live
address@hidden | what we do for a living." - Bono