qemu-devel

OS/2 net & graphics (was: [Qemu-devel] Network problems - any news?)

From: Johannes Martin
Subject: OS/2 net & graphics (was: [Qemu-devel] Network problems - any news?)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:24:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Antony T Curtis wrote:
> > a few weeks ago, some people reported on their network connection being
> > flaky in a Win98 guest. I experience similar problems with a OS/2 guest.
> > Most of the time, it won't even receive a DHCP response.
> >
> > Has anybody been able to track down the source of these problems yet? Are
> > they independent of the emulated NIC, or may I have better results using
> > one of the alternative NIC emulators?
>
> I have only had 100% success with my AMD PCNet NIC emulation when using
> OS/2 guest. It was what partly what prompted me to write that emulation.

I tried your patch. It applies cleanly to the latest CVS and an earlier
version pretty close to 0.6.0, but qemu crashes after OS/2 has loaded the
PCNet driver and waits for a dhcp response (segmentation fault).

Running OS/2 Warp 4 with Fixpack 15 and DDFP 2.

How would I go about finding out where qemu crashes? When I attach gdb to
qemu it only tells me that the debuggee has gone away once it's crashed
and I still don't see where it happened. Is there a way to produce a core
dump?

BTW, I got SVGA support to work in OS/2 with the 'new' GENGRADD drivers
available at the OS/2 device driver pack online. Use -std-vga and the
generic Vesa-driver of GENGRADD.

        Johannes