qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Best way to get 6GB = 3 x 2GB + soft raid?

From: Jernej Simončič
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Best way to get 6GB = 3 x 2GB + soft raid?
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 02:49:35 +0200

On Monday, August 2, 2004, 0:28:33, Jim C. Brown wrote:

> fat16 is limited to 4GB. fat32's is theoretically 2TB (yes thats terabytes)
> but
> most versions of windows can only read up to 32GB (Windows XP can only make a
> new FAT32 partition up to 32GB but I'm not clear on whether or not it can
> read a larger pre-exising one). Maximum file size for NTFS is not stated.

Actually, FAT16 is limited to 2GB under DOS and Windows 9x/ME. FAT32 can go
up to 2 TB, however you need 3rd party utilities to create volumes larger
than 32 GB on Windows 2000 and newer (NT 4 doesn't support FAT32; there are
no problems accessing FAT32 volumes larger than 32 GB on 2000 and newer, you
just can't create them).

--
< Jernej Simoncic ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

A memorandum is written not to inform the reader but to protect the writer.
       -- Acheson's Rule of the Bureaucracy