qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sound & Win98

From: Joe Menola
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sound & Win98
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 14:55:40 -0500

On Sun July 25 2004 5:25 am, Nicolas Wu wrote:
> I had the same compile error as lindsay, but found this
> alternative patch that works:
>
> http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/download/qemu-0.6.0-6_aqemu.patch.gz
>
> most of the time it works with win98, but occasionally crashes; though
> it would appear to be sporadic :(
>
> nick

I also have not been able to apply cleanly the previous patch I recommended
since version 0.5.5. The link you provided a patch which applied cleanly.

Tested on WinXP
Sound works but XP crashes on 2nd sound event. Console output:
audio: write audio
system error: Unknown error 2996
Aborted

Win98
Device manager reports that sb is present and working. However, I get no
sound. Testing from Control Panel>Sounds Properties>Preveiw>play...the play
button "greys out" and the stop button gets focus. No sound is produced, and
there's no output to console. It remains in this state until the stop button
is pushed. Perhaps I missed something in my 98 configuration?

Using cvs updated Sun 25 Jul 2004, 13:49
KDE 3.2.3 with arts set to use OSS audio device.