qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Reducing X communication bandwidth

From: Jan Dittmer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Reducing X communication bandwidth
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:20:06 +0200

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
Great, you're running XP, I've tried to install XP SP1 German but it
fails in an infinite reboot loop after install (see an earlier mail from
me on this list).
So can you tell what command line you used and - most important - which
version of XP?

Had the same problem. I simply quit qemu and restarted it. Things went well after that..

I just retested the whole thing with 0.6.0 - still the same.
So, question remains, did you try with or without service pack 1 ? Have you had the home, professional or corporate edition? And what command line did you use? Just want to get some data points. Otherwise you could perhaps hint me, how to get the last instructions qemu executes before the vm is rebooting?! Btw. I just tried this under vnc, and it seems there is a bsod shortly before rebooting, I was probably just able to see because of the latency of vnc.

Thanks, Jan