qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC for new features (Console under Windows)

From: Filip Navara
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC for new features (Console under Windows)
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 02:15:36 +0200

Jernej Simončič wrote:

On Thursday, July 8, 2004, 23:04:41, Jim C. Brown wrote:

For 9x this isn't true unless the program uses the console subsystem. So a
regular GUI program has no console.

Gimp (or, to be more precise GTK+/GLib) somehow get around this limit - I
installed Windows 98 in qemu just to reconfirm, and when run normally, there
is no console, but if you add the --verbose switch (or, if an error occurs),
a console Window is opened.

This isn't problem at all, you can use the AllocConsole or AttachConsole API calls, but I think that's not needed. I still have a patch on my HDD that makes QEMU a console application and fixes the keyboard input (to the monitor) on Windows, but I doubt it would apply cleanly to current CVS.

Regards,
Filip