qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 3COM NIC (ISA PnP) and ISA PnP support

From: Gianni Tedesco
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 3COM NIC (ISA PnP) and ISA PnP support
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:26:08 +0100

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 13:21 +0200, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi People,
>
> This email is just for the archive, so here goes...
>
> Thanks to the work of Antony T Curtis, you can now use ISA PnP and 3COM
> ISA PnP "cards" with QEMU. Those patches are NOT merged into QEMU yet(I
> doubt it will be, although I hope it will)..
>
> Patches as well as readme files are available as usual at
> http://www.dad-answers.com/qemu/patches/

I think Fabrice was quite keen that ISA PnP not go in, for the reason
that we have a perfectly functional PCI core. Future emulated hardware
should be PCI, then it's usable reliably across all architectures.

--
// Gianni Tedesco (gianni at scaramanga dot co dot uk)
lynx --source www.scaramanga.co.uk/scaramanga.asc | gpg --import