qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Networks with Windows Host

From: kazu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Networks with Windows Host
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 19:07:34 +0900

Hi,

Saturday, July 03, 2004 12:11 PM Phil Rasch wrote:
> On Friday 02 July 2004 Kazu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >Upgrading dial up network 1.4 may solve your problem. I didn't test it,
> >though.
>

>http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/contents/wurecommended/s_wunet
working/dun14/default.asp

> >Regard,
> >kazu
> >
> >On Friday 02 July 2004 06:38 am, Phil Rasch wrote:
> > I believe that the networking might have broke for windows 98 as a guest
> > between CVS releases on the 17 and 26 of June. I tried to install a new
> > version from CVS on that day (before I was using a CVS tag from the 17th
> > and everything worked) , and windows stopped recognizing the NE2000
card.

> > Phil
> The upgrade of dun didnt help.  Here is a bit more information. I am
running
> with window98se2, and during the boot of the guest OS, a message
> appears on the desktop indicating that the ne2000 card is not working
> properly.

Thank you. But I think dun will work when win98 is a host OS. When win98 is
a guest OS, it will not work.
Did you apply this patch to current CVS?

http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/download/qemu-20040621-slirp2.patch.gz

A network for win32 doesn't work without this patch for current CVS.

I tested Win98SE as a guest OS on Win2k and WinMe for current CVS today, the
network works.

If it doesn't work on your PC, the problem might be a driver? Would you try
to delete the network driver and reinstall it?

Regards,
kazu