qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio

From: kazu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:29:35 +0900

Hi,

Monday, June 21, 2004 2:51 AM malc wrote:

> Patch that fixes audio for Win98 guest and also workarounds SDL deadlock
> is now available at:
>
> http://www.boblycat.org/~malc/code/patches/qemu/index.html

I added a little change to work on Windows and back ported to 0.5.5.

http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/download/qemu-20040621-6_aqemu.patch.gz
http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/download/qemu-0.5.5-6_aqemu.patch.gz

I tested to play .wav sound in Red Hat 7.2 guest.
modprobe sb io=0x220 irq=5
play test.wav

They work well on Windows2000 and WindowsMe. A little thing is that I hear a
little noise two times when a sound starts. It seems that it occurs when a
device is opened.

But the problem is that it doesn't work on Fedora Core 1 host with these
patches. I tried to find out what was the problem but I couldn't. It seems
that oss and sb16 work....
I can hear a sound and almost the same noise when I used original 0.5.5
source.

Regards,
kazu