qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] help porting to BF533

From: John R. Hogerhuis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] help porting to BF533
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:09:06 -0700

dyngen must be ported to at least one library format per processor QEMU
is used with.

For example, on x86, ELF would have been enough. Generate the code to
ELF, then it must be read back in so that the lengths of each code block
and relocation information can be determined.

The folks that did the Windows port went the extra mile and ported
dyngen to COFF.

In fact it would be completely reasonable to use the dynamically
generated primitives from a Linux ELF file on a COFF platform.

However, I don't know anything about the Blackfin BF533 and bflt.

My guess is you will have to completely port dyngen over to that
platform. I see you becoming intimately familiar with bflt in the near
future :-)

-- John.