qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Fedora Core 2 very slow

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Fedora Core 2 very slow
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:45:18 +0200

Dear all,

I installed Fedora Core 2 guest (using today's Qemu CVS version as usual).

After installation, Fedora starts incredibly slow (as slow as if we were
running Bochs) and boots in 10 minutes. Adding or removing -pci -cirrusvga
-user-net options does not change anything. It is still tremendously slow.

Also, I can notice that Fedora does not boot in graphical mode. Fedora and
SuSE kernels are patched with http://www.bootsplash.org, which does not seem
to work with Qemu (at least with -cirrusvga option).

Can anyone using Fedora Core 2 as a guest confirm that it is very slow?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel Pouré