qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Anyone have functioning networking with a FreeBSD host?

From: Brad Watson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Anyone have functioning networking with a FreeBSD host?
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 13:17:06 -0700 (PDT)

I believe that the messagethat you are receiving
suggest that FreeBSD is not seeing the NIC card
interrupt.

If you don't start qemu w/the -pci option (i.e. you
use the emulated isa NIC cards,) FreeBSD will try to
use an IRQ for the ne* card different from the one
that qemu is using.

Some other workarounds (besides starting qemu w/the
-pci option) include remapping the interrupts for the
ne* cards in the qemu/hw/pc.c file, and recompiling
qemu, or possibly, switching the interrupt on the fly
that FreeBSD uses for the NIC w/the sysctl command (I
haven't tried that.)

Good luck,

RBW