qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ISA PnP support

From: Gianni Tedesco
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ISA PnP support
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:56:59 +0100

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 19:13 +0200, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> Gianni Tedesco wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 18:34 +0200, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> >
> >>I am not really interested by ISA PnP as PCI will be the default config
> >>as soon as it works for NT. But I can still look at the patch.
> >

> > I've bumped in to this myself but not had time to look at it. What is
> > the problem with NT/2k? Or is it as yet undiagnosed?
>
> I did not try to find it yet (not reached in my TODO list). Activating
> the PCI traces while NT boots should give a lot of valuable information.

Well I can verify that the bug installing 2k (pausing half way on
detecting hardware) has gone with the latest CVS version. Although the
bluescreen when enabling PCI on a vm installed without PCI persists. I
don't think we can fix this one as the problem is missing boot device.

If -pci is default in future then there should be no problem I think.

--
// Gianni Tedesco (gianni at scaramanga dot co dot uk)
lynx --source www.scaramanga.co.uk/scaramanga.asc | gpg --import