qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Re: NE2K PCI and Windows 98SE & Cirrus Logic

From: Mike Nordell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: NE2K PCI and Windows 98SE & Cirrus Logic
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:18:22 +0200

Leigh Dyer wrote:

> I can also confirm that the 4Mb video RAM patch committed a couple of
> hours ago fixes the Cirrus Logic video with Win2k - it detected the
> card at install and seems to be running quite happily with the
> standard driver that ships with Win2k.

Ah, wonderful! I just tested and can confirm it too. No more slow VGA! :-)

I'm still curious why 32MB is claimed in the pci_register_io_region call,
even that it only has got 4MB. But besides that non-critical issue I'm happy
with it, and am starting to support the standpoint that -pci could be the
default soon.

/Mike