qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu-devel Digest, Vol 15, Issue 19 - WINE with QEMU on

From: Wim Vanderbauwhede
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu-devel Digest, Vol 15, Issue 19 - WINE with QEMU on non-86x processor?
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 20:56:43 -0000

Hi Sander,

I have wine on qemu on an iBook rev 2.2. Basically, what you need is a number
of x86 RPMS (glibc and wine, but also som XFree stuff, binutils etc. I used
Red Hat 9, because unfortunately Mandrake doesn't work with qemu and Fedora
more or less breaks wine due to the execshield. Hence Red Hat 9.

I used rpm2cpio and cpio to "install" these RPM's in a folder and point qemu
to it.
I can give you more details (list of RPMS, cpio commands, qemu configuration)
after the weekend as my iBook is at work.

Cheers,

Wim

--
If it's pointless, what's the point?
If there is a point to it, what's the point?